Remodeling your pool can be a daunting process that ranges from simple upgrades or replacements to major enlargement or refinishing jobs. Remove the sting of remodeling worry by using this guide to learn more about the types of updates your pool may need and what to expect from your upcoming dream pool makeover from planning through completion.
When you entrust your existing pool to our pool contractor co., we’ll be by your side through the whole pool design process, ready to bring your vision to life while addressing any concerns you may have.
A Swimming Pool Remodeling Project That Needs Immediate Attention
Some renovations must be addressed no matter when they occur during the season — or even after your pool is officially closed for the cold months. These urgent renovations include:
- Pool leaks. When your pool begins to lose water, it’s extremely important to identify the location and nature of the leak as soon as possible. Leaks left unaddressed can lead to very costly repairs or damage to your property. A small leak may end up becoming one that spans several feet and can compromise the safety and structural integrity of your pool. Corrosion can occur in pipes if the leak affects plumbing that is connected to your pool. Excess water can create muddy areas in the nearby ground creating slipping hazards and breeding grounds for insects. At the first sign of a leak, give us a call.
- Major tile and coping. While a chipped tile or two is no call to panic, a larger swath of lost tiles or coping must be investigated quickly to find and address the underlying reason for the damage. You could have sprung a hidden leak, suffered damage due to Mother Nature or be dealing with materials that are aged or weren’t quite up to par upon installation.
- A malfunctioning filter, maintenance, or cleaning system. Your pool’s upkeep is no small job, and during the summer months, your filter, maintenance, and cleaning system undergo a lot of wear and tear to keep your pool ready for swimmers. When one component of these systems — or the whole system — fails, you need immediate attention to ensure that your pool doesn’t fall prey to invaders like algae, contaminants or debris.
A Pool Service That Improves Usability and Enjoyment
Other remodeling projects may not be as urgent to address but are still important to undertake so your new pool features can maintain utmost efficiency, remain ready for swimmers, and not drain your wallet in the process. Consider some of these projects to improve both usability and enjoyment.
- Pool surface refinishing. Tired of scraping your feet against the ever-roughening floor of your gunite pool? Or is your plasterwork starting to show missing patches or extreme staining? Over time, your old pool materials can break down or be worn down by the chemicals necessary to treat your water. To schedule this major project, you’ll need to find a time when you can close your pool for a while, allowing adequate time for draining, drying, the application of new materials, curing, and ultimately refilling and re-balancing your chemicals. The great news is that after this remodeling project is complete, you’ll be left with a pool that looks brand new.
- Vinyl liner replacement. If your in-ground pool features a vinyl pool liner, you may not realize that its estimated lifespan is not much more than a decade. Vinyl liners can wear out even faster depending on how well they’re maintained or what additional stressors they face. Like pool resurfacing, replacing swimming pool liner can leave you with an older pool that looks brand new again after just a few days’ work.
Upgrading filtration or chemical maintenance systems. Upgrading your pump filtration system or transitioning your pool from chlorine to saltwater can be game changers in how well your pool functions and how costly it is to maintain. Installing a more efficient pump can lead to better-filtered water while saving you major money in energy efficiency. Likewise, saltwater pool systems can take away the hassle of tricky chemical balancing while providing a more enjoyable environment than traditional chlorine pools.
Remodeling Services to Enhance Beauty and Appeal
A final subset of updating a pool area is more aesthetic in nature. These projects can give your whole backyard a much-needed makeover and create even more appeal for family and friends taking advantage of your pools new features. Here are some projects you might consider..
- Unsatisfied with the size of your current pool because it’s out of place in your yard or simply isn’t large enough to accommodate your household? A pool enlargement can expand your existing pool to the right dimensions for your needs. Be prepared, however, for your pool to be off-limits for quite a while; enlarging a swimming pool can be just as major an undertaking as installing one brand new and can provide major disruptions to your backyard space. This project is best scheduled when you won’t mind your pool area being off-limits for at least several weeks.
- A new or upgraded pool deck that surrounds. Enjoyment of your pool area doesn’t have to end when you leave the water. Take a look around your pool: what is that area like now? Does it get utilized, or is it just a means of getting you in and out of your pool? You can optimize the use of this area by installing new concrete, pool tile, natural stone or treated wood decking to ensure you have space for tables and chairs, loungers, areas to lie in the sun and places for children to safely play. These projects can also be time-consuming, as materials need adequate time for installation and curing, and while work isn’t on the pool itself, access may be partially or totally limited during the project.
Landscaping, shade structures, and pool covers. Some of the biggest ROI in pool structures and features can come from the easiest projects to undertake. Outdoor pool structures and swimming pool features will help tie your pool into the backyard area. An outdoor shade structure can help protect swimmers and sunbathers from the harsh sun without limiting pool and deck use. And an in ground pool cover can provide added measures of safety and security in a way that is aesthetically pleasing. Best of all, these projects are far less time consuming than most other pool owner projects, so you can enjoy the benefits right away.
Get Started on a New Look Now With the Help From Our Pool Company
Neave Pools serves the greater Hudson Valley 845-463-0592, Westchester 914-271-7996 and Connecticut 203-212-4800 areas. Our highly trained and certified pool builders are ready to start work with you today to design the new pool of your dreams. You can begin with our 25-page pool design guide, give us a call or fill out our contact form to get your pool service plan started today.